Lead

Tips to getting into your dream house

The dream of home ownership is within reach and you want to have the perfect home, not just any home. Deciding which way to go and how can you have that dream home that you have worked so hard for. Look at these tips in these very true stories and then you too can have what you are seeking, a home that has turned out to be more than you could imagine.

I was a Real Estate Broker in Downey, California and I had dreams too. I opened a small independent Real Estate Company next to the Albertson's grocery store. It was quaint and it was homey and it was very welcoming. People could come and talk to me about their problems or their dreams. I tried to help each one of them find the exact home that would fill their dreams.

A mansion proves to be the right dream home:

There are many different scenarios really. I had a client who was a new dentist. She had lived in a dark and dreary condo for over ten years and she so wanted to live in a mansion. Something that all her friends would envy. I found her a house on Downey Avenue. It was huge and it was brand new. It had over 3000 square feet with two floors. This was her dream home and she was able to purchase this home by me reducing my commission. She repaired all my teeth after that sale, not a bad deal.
Nancy gets her dream home in downtown Long Beach:

Then there was Nancy, my best friend. She had longed all her life to own a home. Nancy was married to a man who worked very hard and he was really good. She had come out of an abused relationship and her mom was dying in the hospital. Her husband had VA benefits, so he could buy a home with almost nothing down. She just needed her dream home. Me and Nancy would go look at homes all the time and each time her husband would say no.

We started looking at a price of around $150,000, but her husband said no again, then finally Nancy saw this wonderful building in downtown Long Beach. It was within minutes of her mom's convalescent home and her job too. It had a huge courtyard with tons and tons of trees and flowers. It was beautiful as could be. The price was only $109,000 and guess what? Her husband said yes. So Nancy moved into her beautiful dream home and Nancy was happy at last.

Downey provides dream homes for residents of Los Angeles:

I had a couple who were referred to me who lived in downtown Los Angeles. They lived in a very crowded area in a very ugly apartment and they wanted to buy a home in Los Angeles for around $179,000. I told them impossible. They explained to me what they wanted and how many rooms they wanted. They wanted a play room for their children and they wanted to live on a country street where they could walk at night.

I convinced them to come to the serene area of Downey and look at the excellent schools and the many places to eat. I convinced them to just try. The very first house I showed them, they bought. It cost them $159,000 and they had a huge enclosed patio in the back for the children that had a fireplace and completely carpeted. It was on a quiet street with many trees and it was close to the expressway for the both of them to get to work. They could not believe they had their dream home for so little.

My dream home is in El Paso:

I have owned many homes, but my favorite one is in the eastern side of El Paso, up in the mountains. My home was simple, but very beautiful. I could walk out my back door and sit on my patio and the only neighbors I had was this huge mountain. My husband and son could go run up the mountain and feel free. It was a huge 3 bedroom and 2 bath home with a beautiful bay window that looked out onto the mountains.

It was peaceful and it was serene and it was a steal. I assumed a man's loan for $5000 and I paid $666 each month in mortgage payments. My kitchen looked out over the front lawn and it was in the rich area of El Paso. It was my dream home and I so do miss that home. It was a piece of paradise next to heaven.

Tips to consider:

Look at all these scenarios and think about what each one did.

1. VA loans require zero down payment.

2. Move from a big city to a suburb to save money.

3. Ask your Realtor to help with expenses by cutting commissions and negotiating closing cost.

4. Look at assuming someone's loan and save tons of money on loan fees.

Buying your dream home is not that difficult. It may not be practical to move to a different state or another country, but you can find your dream home in your locality. Decide what would make you the happiest and then see what you can buy. Never give up, just like Nancy did and hopefully like Nancy, you too will be moving into your dream home very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment